Monday, February 23, 2009

we need a great escape.....






We need a great escape................
So----over the weekend we were "lucky" enough to get yet, other wintry batch of weather...
The snow comes, the wind blows, and ice forms.... We are at home, and for once I'd love to be away from home.
I'd love to make the lake my home today and everyday. Each year we make the lake our home as much as we can, it is our escape. I would love to give our daughter just one day , today at the lake to simply feed the ducks.
When I was creating this layout I could only feel how wonderfully warm the sun feels and how far away from this winter it always seems. We never are there and wish for a wintry day, we are caught in the moment. The wonderful sounds of the shore beckons us to jump in, the Loons singing in the distance waiting for me to try to capture their every move on film. They are calling me to the water, to float with the current and soak the sun into my skin. Even the sounds of a distance boat and it's spray is warm. The lake is endless.. The sun shines..
At the lake everything quietly floats by singing a glorious song of peace, comfort, and warmth.
The ducks float. They float back and forth waiting for delicious fresh bread. Each year she feels so responsible to her ducks and the family, we always run out of bread. We have to go the store and get more. It of course needs to be fresh because our sweetie tends to munch right along with them. The ducks float.
For this moment I am warm and comfortable. At peace.
The lake is our great escape, what's yours?