Thursday, February 26, 2009

an old webster's.....
























An old Webster's....You can never have too many old dictionary's......


A wonderful bottom of a box flea market find. My project of the day. My book became a frame. It stands with all the other treasured frames, and a holds a very special moment to treasure....


I created this by deciding the size of the opening I wanted with the photo. I began by cropping the photo to the size I wanted and taking the measurement. Then deciding the number of layers I wanted to cut, to create a mat effect. I used an exacto knife to cut the layers. Then came the fun part, modge podge like crazy, all the edges inside and out, which in turn made it very stable and allows it to stand on its own. A few little accents and I am set to go.

I chose a favorite spot in the book to journal a note and then a tag at the top for more personal journaling.

This is one of my favorite photos of my sweet dog JorgeAnna, when she was young and full of life. She loved to "GO FOR" anything, it was the key word that made her chase her tail, with excitement and joy.... She loved to go for the ball, a walk and especially a ride. One thing about her is that she always had this smile. Smile that was amazingly filled with life and love.. Even though she is gone, today she brings me joy- isn't it amazing what a dog can do........

So the next time your thinking about tossing the old book aside. take a long look at it. Maybe it can be your next great frame to add to your mantle....

Be creative warm...........-L