Tuesday, February 17, 2009

From Scratch......
























She loves to bake.....
Anything....
Goodies!!!!

She loves to find a favorite apron ( of which she collects)
The kitchen fills with activity and a wonderful smell of baking.

A time in the kitchen is pretty much what I remember as a child with both of my Grandmothers.

They were always making something that brought wonderful scents to draw you in and keep you. Everything was amazing and we now spend allot of time attempting to make it the way she did. I often hear my friends and family talk fondly of the recipes that got away. How we are trying to make it the special way she did and it just doesn't taste the same.


I can still smell the doughnuts on a Sunday after church at Grama's and taste the texture on my tongue of all the sugars. The wish to have the holes, which of course were more delicious than any of the other doughnuts. The scent would linger for days.
The single layer chocolate cake that was 8 inches tall and had fluffy white frosting (whipped with sugar and egg white). The favorite has to be Great Auntie Helen's sticky buns, hot with Carmel that lasted for miles and fresh cracked pecans or black walnuts. The buns were enormous and CinnaBun has nothing on hers...

Those were the sweet days.

A good Grandma recipe is a treasure.....we are always seeking wonderful treasures....
For now we bake, we bake to create our own memories. Our wonderful moments of "did you put in the eggs or how much flour?" "Enough powder Mommy to be yummy. Where's the flower, I don't see one...." Do they turn out? I answer why yes, and every moment is delicious.

The nuts and bolts of the layout:

Oh the creme lids, I am in love with the creme lids.

A wonderful little bird found and delivered these cremey treasures. I had to work with them the moment they arrived. The creme caps were stamped with a mahogany ink to create some texture. Which also blends wonderfully with the print of her apron.

Thanks to StudioCalico, Jenni Bowlin, Tim Holtz, Bazzil, Hero Arts, and MM for the wonderful supplies...

Mostly I have to thank my treasure hunters with the awesome eyes for what inspires me.

I have been sitting on these photos for some time and they waited for inspiration and what feels right.

Inspiration can come from the least likely places and become the very most beautiful treasure.

Be inspired today....
-L.