Friday, February 20, 2009

love...........

True love.....................

What is true love? Many have tried to define it with words, music, or art.....today it is grande cup of Starbucks....

It has just been that kind of morning, if anything could be upside down, today it was..

With the sweetest gesture and a drive out of the way, I am blessed and grateful....My sweetheart delivered one home to me. In the middle of the morning I am blessed and things take a minute to slow and sip my grande of gold love. Everything rushes by and I sip with love.

My love for Starbucks has become bittersweet. They arrive in the boondocks (where I live) and shower me with glorious cups of Divine sin. I become infatuated with the wonderful flavors, scents and darn logo. My man begins to seek them out as he is on the road, or when we travel, it is our treat on the weekends.

I entice my friends who now are in love and stop at every chance they get. They become professional in their orders. Skinny at 140 degrees, etc, etc, etc..... They too are in love with their tasty flavors and service.

Then it happens......

They begin to leave us slowly and for surely!!!! Oh my gosh, I have an affair with them and they are breaking up with me, with all of us. We check each day even knowing the date, we are slowly saddened and apprehensive that the drive thru will no longer be there to offer me, (us) support and a friendly grande of love..

As I drive past the new building now holding only a dumpster of my love, a part of me is quickly saddened. I want to dumpster dive and grab any little pieces of my Starbucks left. I feel abandoned and not appreciated. I would come to the drive thru and I would wait forever, I'd be number 9 and 13 in line, they were always busy and still, they leave and close up shop.

We have one "real one" remaining across town and it's just not the same. The love that you need to make the delicious wonder, with is gone. Often times they look at me like please jump back here and make it yourself, because I really don't get it. Now I find they too, are leaving me March 5Th. Just like that, and with the beautiful relationship we have had ,you'd think a goodbye we loved you and all your money. But no....closing up shop. Period. All I am left with is a grocery store, and bookstore version--clearly not the same. I want them to stay with me, I want to continue this wonderful decadent relationship. But they move on...and we are left behind to console our addictions.

So for today I bide the time and my heart relishes in the carmel wonder. It saves, that kind of FRIday.. so today I decide that, I will be a happy as I have made up my mind to be....and I believe in my grande of happiness....

To my sweetheart thank you for always, knowing when it makes a difference.......

-L.