Thursday, February 5, 2009

about maT............

There's something about maT ......

He's not just any maT, he's a very special, very appreciated, and very durable.....maT

This maT has been with me from the beginning, he was at the store just waiting for a chick that knew nothing about what she was getting into...

Better yet, what she was missing.....

He was waiting for me.

You know how we always say if we'd have known then ,what we know now, the brave and bold places we would be. If only I had meet maT many, many seasons ago in my life. The strength and power that has come from within myself is amazing. This, is for no one but me, and I am grateful to maT....

This is maT. This is my maT. My purple maT.

This is my maT with a beautiful design. That drives me crazy and, so I use maT upside down. I realize that doesn't seem fair or what ever, but it's how we roll. maT is happy enough with it, being upside down that is, the bugs are just way to distracting...

When I first thought yoga would be something I'd do and not just dream about, I thought of friends. I picked two, they are adventurous and strong, and able to accomplish great things. They just didn't know it yet. I knew they would be game, besides I can sell anything!!! I had tried to get others to try new things with me in the past and no one would ever hold up their part of the bargain and step on the mat. They always fizzled out. Plain and simple to stick to something-- to commit is hard.

Like I said I picked two and hoped that one would stick with me. Lucky for me, both have fallen in love their mats and we continue to make time for ourselves each week.

Each week the three of us and our mats head out and yoga for us.

The relationship with my maT is awesome. I can keep him in his bag and toss him in the closet, I don't even hear from him. I don't have to feed him, just give him a light cleaning and a good roll. We're set!! It's a great relationship! I only wish I could spend more time with maT, but for now I am happy with our time together.

I couldn't go on without thanking my friends and congratulating them for being brave. Brave to take care of themselves. To be brave is hard and to not always, be great at something, but to be willing to try. To not give up. To be the newbies with the bright mats in front of the mirror. To become strong and comfortable with themselves to put it out there on the mat. I thank them both for being strong and sticking it out with me and my maT, I know my maT couldn't have it without them.
Thank you to their mats--- Mat and mAt.

I have to add last night one of my yoga mates talked of a new mat and something about that just made me think about my maT and appreciate all the hard work he has done for me.. Even though I know the day will come that I will look for a new mat, today I am grateful for the one that started it all.

I am not a great yoga girl and sometimes I am down right silly (frankly I will never balance well, it's a given--left brain, right brain thing). Every time I am there and maT is under me being the strong one and maT waits enduring all that comes. maT has been there with my improvements and with everything I CAN do that amazes me!!

I am so happy to be part of this experience and this wonderful form of art. Yip Art!!!

Oh come on, you knew that is where this was going!!! We have an amazing instructor, and to be able to experience her patience and wisdom has been awesome. I am grateful for a very important part she plays in, and how she has touched our lives. She is filled with a very special art of life. It is contagious, experienced, and creative. She has given each of us and our mat's a chance to experience this time within ourselves and to be creative. We are blessed.

I like to think of my yoga as Artful!! Creative!! Forward!!!


Well, so there you have it another creative moment with maT. My maT. My purple (design goes on the bottom maT). If I ever get another mat I think I'll call him Art. No design.

Plain is good..........

I am guessing that, maT is bugging you by now, well if you must know the reason his name is spelled with a big T. It's because that's how we roll, weak at the beginning of the session and strong at the end...............

Because there's just something about maT!!!!
Namaste -L.