Wednesday, February 25, 2009

pull up a chair.....

Yes, I know I'm back to my chairs...I got to admiring them today and thinking...
My Grandpa would say pull up a chair....stay awhile...
That's just how I felt about these crummy old blue/yellow/white kitchen chairs. They are the most springy blue I've seen all winter long. I'd seen them in one of my fav's and left them there and the following week they were still there. I can't believe that no one seen the joy or felt the love from those two old blue chairs.

I realize they don't match, one is smaller than the other. But, in life no two are ever alike and sometimes the most perfect match is greatly different. These two kitchen chairs go together like bluebirds in a nest....They love sitting in my front room soaking in the sun and patiently waiting with me for spring to join my world. These two chairs were way to inexpensive and had they been priced higher I am sure that someone would have gobbled them up in a heart beat. I am certain that the chipped lead paint has nothing to do with it...

These chairs have been on a very long journey and I am sure they have seen more than their share of the bottom of things. They have been apart of wonderful kitchen meals with a family, important conversations between a husband and wife. They pulled themselves out from the table to put on and take off many pairs of shoes and work boots. They have been drug across the kitchen floor to be climbed up on and reach the top shelf of the cupboard where the cookies were. Held a door open or held the single bag of groceries for the week.

These blue chairs had many lives as other colors and times. I'd like to believe the times were all good for their family, but I realize life doesn't work that way. So I respect them for the times they held up during adversity and challenges. During the times of sadness, tears, frustration, and the tired times, of hard work...


I am grateful for the times my blue chairs have held someone who was grateful and blessed. These blue chairs have travelled many distances and I admire their strength, I relish the spirit these two old chairs hold. As many say "If they could just talk...the things they could tell us.."


My love simply rolls his eyes and smiles, he knows my passion. He just waits for them to rotate out to a new finding.. I know they will be a wonderful entryway addition or porch addition someday.....but for today they are in a front room and they are happy....


Treasures will come to you, you may seek and search, but like anything else the path leads you to the things that will touch your heart. Remember that sometimes the simplest things can become your treasure. Sometimes that treasure was once some one's leftovers from a life that has followed its path. Always try to admire a potential treasure for what it can be, and respect it for all, that it was at one time.....

A couple of unwanted blue/yellow/white chipped (lead) paint chairs filled with strength, and spirit.....


I could only hope that someday I too with the coats of paint and chips be as strong and persevere as they have....


Funny what you can get from an old blue chair....-L