Monday, March 2, 2009

Espressivo With Leftovers....











This is my Monday inspiration...

I found a wonderful piano book at my favorite vinty shop....All I needed was a slice from it and yes I did save the other half..

I created this wonderful little flower with my Slice, and then created it in a variety of sizes.

I crumpled the entire flower to create the texture, then just randomly stitched it down. The patterned paper are wonderful leftovers from Studio Calico..

The journaling is also hidden alongside the photo on a vintage notepad paper. Black and white are wonderful background for your creations, because then they are visually not a focus. The background almost doesn't exist....

Leftovers can be a wonderful thing and no matter the size you just might use it...I challenge you when creating, to set aside even in baggies rather than recycling the strips of papers.. (no you do not need a fancy container for your stash) Label, Label, Label

Be sure to decide what works for you. Maybe the smallest size you save is 4-6" maybe smaller if your a card maker. Be organized and be willing to purge smart, obviously if you love it your going to save it , save it smart and organized then the leftovers will be easy to find and beautiful too.

The other great thing to think about and one woman's "StashTrash" ( I see my friend smiling)is another woman's "StashTreasure". Talk with friends and share at your next crop, make it a Chance to swap. I am full of great themes today...I think "CropSwap"....OK I'll stop.


Remember you can find and create art in the smallest of places and the least likely. Don't limit yourself to the amount of supplies you have. Sometimes the smallest amount can add up to be the biggest treasure.


Love what you have..........
Always create new............
-L.