Wednesday, March 11, 2009

the frozen tropical...............

The frozen tropical moment...........
I step outside and to grab a shot of the ice......
This is the surprise I got.....Something about my photo made me feel tropical....I think it was the blue of the sky...
Although it is negative something something outside the sun has decided to shine. Today I find this to be a marvelous gift. The sun is making me smile. The bitter cold is not. Today the weather made me so sad, that I decided to try and find what I loved about winter.
I have faith in spring, I believe it will come soon and save us from the hard, cold, unfair winter we have had.
Winter: I love the dry crispness of the air, when you breathe you are able to feel your breath and it simply reminds us we are alive. We can just breathe in and out, all will continue, just breathe............
I love the beauty of the snow the shine of the ice. I love the snow when it floats to the earth and blankets the ground with a single simple color. White..........It is as if the earth is taking time to rest and soon it will rise with color and warmth..
I love the warmth of my blankets and slippers in the winter.
I love the steam of a hot coffee, and seeing your breath when outside.
I love to hibernate and I tend to create more during this time..
I love my seat heaters in the car, plain and simple.
I love to knit.
I love hot chili and cornbread.
I love the texture of ice on a window.
I love mittens lots of them.
I love the smell of a Christmas tree.
I love to watch my dogs play in new fallen snow.
I love to build a snow family.....I miss the "Snows".....
I love a true stay at home snow day, just the 3 of us........................
I will miss winter, but only for a little while............
be warmmmmmmmm..............
-l.