Thursday, March 19, 2009

oreos......






Today is a treat yourself kinda a day!!!!
For the love of a sweet treat....
Nothing is better than an Oreo crushed in a key lime yogurt...
in of course a very pretty bowl.....
It has become my delicious two o'clock snack.

I believe the only thing that could make it better, is if it came in a vending machine. The anticipation of a great treat. If it was E8, or G6, better yet B9.... Nothing tastes better than an over priced candy bar from a hospital vending machine. Then, there is the mystery snacks, that didn't make it in the big world. But are extremely popular inside the big machine. I think it stems from the element of surprise, just what am I going to get?? I'm sure it is okay to try it here because there are plenty highly paid individuals in the hospital that could save me. I think the only problem with this, is you never see the doctors....The ones that would be saving me would be the people with the rubber gloves on, who walk all around wiping stuff down. Which I am sure they could do it!!!

I drop in my hard earned 75cents and I am hopeful......the excitement of the prize is near.
Then there is the pressure..............I look to the machines littlest label in front of the snack I have pondered over carefully.... The distance between the buttons of choices and those labels seem so far away....I worry I'll press the wrong button, which in turn means I have to dig for more money.....Then it happens I decide on G9......I reach for the buttons - G9. I double check -G9 , check again- G9.....damnit!!!G6......was what I wanted....

I got peanut buttered, gummy worms, covered in chocolate, and beat up with rolled nuts....
Now what? It might as well have been ostrich lips chocolate covered. I have to move aside, I lost my spot!!!

Someone else wants a turn at this high pressure, little results machine. Success for her, she's had lots of practice, I am sure of that she got a treat first try....I think I'd like to believe it is because she also fears the vending machine and scurries off to discover her treasure down the hall....

The vending room is now empty, my turn....I have returned to the machine, prepared coins in hand and I know G6!!! The quarter comes back, what the quarter isn't good enough. I slide it in again, still no good. I find another coin, that works..then, so does the first coin. ugh!!! I press the buttons and here it comes the the curling gadget turns slowly and precisely......then it stops with anticipation......will it drop?

NO IT IS STUCK!!!! IT IS STUCK!!!! #$&%#$%%^&&^*%&#@!!!!!
Does this machine not know what it took to get me to this point.....
I tap the machine slightly, I tap the machine hard, I MOVE the machine...no luck...
It hangs there letting everyone know that my mystery choice didn't make it.. Well, first there is the embarrassment of my choice, then there is the embarrassment of my snack that is only half way....It's kinda like not making the shot, hittin' the rim, and just swirling out. The shot that counts in the game. The let down....

Here we go again.....more money....it is a vending machine conspiracy...it's how it is programed....I know this is true....

More money, I get the snack that is half down and that's it, not two for one, one for 3 tries...Wait I lost my turn again...move over....This so did not just happen that guy, not only got his snack he scored a FREE second snack!!!"Great Machine" I can only hope my extra treat holds him over during a very important brain surgery or something like that....

I have come to a decision, I'm going with E8.... SCORE!!! To let you know I went with the chips.

Now, comes the eating of the treasure......the mystery snack.....
We travel back to the waiting room....LOOK....I brought snacks...Mystery Snacks....Help yourself....there's Lots of them and I score big points for being, so very thoughtful, and remembering the family members that were not as brave as I was to hit the "VENDING ROOM"..... Oh, give me a break you know you've done it ..............you've RE SNACKED......

Let's not even get me started on the coffee machine in the vending room.....I never get a cup!!!Just the liquid....

I have decided that snack vending machine was designed by a guy who successfully created the crane games....they don't work either....it is always a prize that got away....
I always ask my hubby did you win anything? "No, but there was a really cool thing in there I am sure if I had more quarters, I could have won" YEAH right!!!! Me and G6 can show you how...

On second thought, maybe I could be more accepting of the loss to the vending machines if I could at least have played with the crane....because really, if I had more quarters imagine what other mystery snacks I could have gotten.

Wouldn't be great if the vending master man, could come up with a machine that sold crazy juice.........Stick in your ID and drop down, delicious cocktails. You choose the color....just be careful of G6. It's a sticker!!!!

Well, for today I plan to stick with the delicious treasures inside my frig door, unfortunately it never seems to stick shut for me. It is always easy to open.

Have an E8 kinda day......surprise yourself........go for it ......live on the edge of the swirly thing..
Re snack a treat today...........
-L.