Monday, March 30, 2009

road trip...........










Over the weekend we made our way to do a little eagle watching....We left before the sun rose. The weather was great 40* and the sun was shinning. NO coat weather!!! We had a wonderful time and the eagle center was very nice. The Golden eagle you see is Donald he was hit by a car and has a wing that is injured, in the wild he would not survive. He was just beautiful. They had 3 other bald eagles that also lived there, they also would only survive with human care.

We had a picnic in a park and watched a wild eagle catch a fish on the Mississippi and rest in a tree and eat his fresh catch.

Then, it was time for treasure shopping....I hit every antique we could....We had a wonderful day and found many goodies.

At one of our last stops, I discovered that most wonderful and quaint little shop filled with all the scrap booking treasures that a LSS can offer..... When your traveling along the river stop in Hastings at a little shop called, Scrap n' Time. I sadly didn't arrive but minutes before closing, or maybe that was a good thing for my pocket book. The store was the bomb!!!! It was fantastic and I found alot of the things I can only find online. The store was laid out well and a person could easily tell the owner had everything in her little shop.....Beautiful...I miss all the LSS....There is nothing like them when done right....big box is not for me!!!!!

It was the part time employee that sold me. She let me stay past closing and she never once made me feel that I had to hurry (I did shop fast). She took her time checking me out and always offered other things, as we did the purchase. She was amazingly friendly and patient. That is definitely what set the shop apart form alot of the big box stores. Thank you to the girl working and because of her I'll be back soooooonn with a car load of my favorite designers.
I wish more people had that kindness every where you go......5 stars....

Make a road trip....you wouldn't be disappointed....-L.