Friday, January 9, 2009

what's in your mailbox???

Mine......Well mine might get a little something good if I'd think to put it outside rather than in the front room( as Grama would say) Ha---

We found this great mailbox in one of our favorite shops. I can't believe someone would get rid of their mailbox? Especially one that is as beat up as this one (which in other words looks-- awesome.)
My Favorite Hubby has a great eye for what turns my head. He just says " check this out, you should be able to find something to do with it ....what's your idea" Yeah! darn right, I can -nothing like putting me on the spot and when he does that it costs him....I planted this fantastic find right in the front room and stuck a Christmas tree in it and with the help of a little flannel and a crock or two, I was done. I didn't realize how flippin' big these boxes can get, I did the "It didn't look so big in the store" As always my eyes are bigger than my house. Well needless to say, we now have the best "junk", in my mailbox in a very long time. Back to its size who'd want that much mail?

So today my advice is simple if you don't like what's in your mailbox these days, think of how you can change it..

Change it and make it fit your life, just a little bit better....Because not every mailbox needs to have so much junk in to look good...sometimes it is just the KIND of junk you have let into your life that needs rearranging.... So for that I challenge everyone to get rid of at least one thing that doesn't make your mailbox so cute or fun to have open.

Make it a priority and just think how much better this year will be , you might even be able to decorate your box a little bit.. Like with a scrap kit or two... -L.