Monday, January 5, 2009

a beautiful mess..........










So the time is here to clean up and pack away another holiday..It seems each year to take me a little longer to pack it up...We love the holidays and when the lights get piled up you know it is time to get a start of a new year..

So a bit sadness comes over me knowing that I have to "wrap" it up and get started. The great thing is it's a start towards Spring, man can you imagine if we had to end the holidays with just winter to look forward to. I realize, around here we kid ourselves into believing it is a move to spring when some of our hardest winter is yet to come....A girls gotta dream and believe in change..

I got to thinking today when I knew that the lights were the last to go..one would think that there would be a better way to the crazy light pile....when I seen them laying there waiting I had to stop and pay my last respects...to the lights that bought such beauty to a plain old tree...light to a holiday that goes just to fast...

Funny how we can never have enough lights on our tree, I look at this pile and say "What was I thinking, adding just a couple more strings?" One string really ought to do. It seems like it is the same with everything else in this world more, more, more is brighter and better. I can't help but wonder what the world would be like if we all added just one less string...Maybe even shared all those extras with someone else...
Be good -L.