Monday, January 26, 2009

"a bowl full spools.............."

"A bowl full spools makes a girl feel gooodddd" "A girl feel gooooddd" " A girl feel gooodd"

Ain't it cute??

I found this great piece of iron in one of my fav's and it was a must have...It used to be a water container for cows. No matter, I would just like to thank each and every cow for enjoying their fresh water and for all the wear and tear they have left just for me on the beautiful hunk of iron.

In case your wondering it is very, very heavy.. It has really great texture and in the store was full and under all this junk, and no tag--believe me it pays to look down and crouch for a good find, and it always pays to ask if it isn't marked. Nobody says you got to buy the thing. Besides the ladies in the shop look at me like I'm nuts and are always loving to "deal" to get rid of the stuff they think will never sell. It also helps when you know what it is and they don't.

Secretly I'm pretty sure they love to see me walk in to help clean house.

I haven't made a decision where this will end up but for today it works fantastic holding my other newbie.

I said out loud that I would love a few old wooden spools for something in the studio.. Thanks to MOM she appears with bags of them.. I have started to use them and I'll show you soon, how I put these sew sweet finds to use. They are perfect- thanks mom you always find the greatest things.

Got busy in the studio and pumped out awesome new designs and even completed 200 pages
of DD school albums. Yeah, really I am shocked when I did the math, of all the sheets sitting waiting for the finishing touches and a home. Feels good to move forward with some fun new projects.

What have you re-purposed today..

Thanks for stopping -L.