Tuesday, January 13, 2009

oh baby it's cold outside......


oh Baby it's cold outside.......................

how cold is it? today -30 to -40...this is not the coldest day even yet, we are working to get there.....

it is so cold that each time I have to go out my body inevitably begins to utter those words only your Dad said...when you hit him with the wrench (which was the wrong one!)but mostly it's like when the car didn't start because it was to darn flippin' cold.....funny how if you live in the frozen tundra you'll find many vehicles with the similar dent on the front hood. Which as you might have guessed is from pounding it to start darn it!! All of our vehicles have the dent don't yours???

It's so cold even the snow family have threaten to move....I am thinking this poor family looks a bit chilly and each time I look at them I feel the need to bring them in. I know that just doesn't make any sense. Well does living here? This poor family in our yard started out fat and beautiful, loved..then it came. The weather, it beat them up and left them little snowy shells. It melted, it blew, it snowed, and rained, snowed more---then it froze again and hard..... This years family is ready to be on their way and each day they stand looking at me like, "Look what you have done to us!, Thanks a million Human in a warm house..."
These are the days I wonder, why we are here. X marks our spot ( cold, icy wonder of our world)I am not sure which family member looked around this part of the world and thought this looked great!

I am pretty sure that branch in our family tree was slightly WEAK and has since snapped off!!!

Let's have something warm to change our minds and think spring.....


A warm fun creative layout--- Titled "forever true"-

I love chipboard and dimension in my layouts.

I created dimension just with the texture of the painting and glazing

the letters are stained, thin clear glaze, then painted with multiple layers of color. Finally a copper glazing with a dark inking and then blotted off slightly. I love how my patience paid off, I got a wonderfully warm, beautiful treasure..


Then entire layout is inked I even got out the sewing machine to do a little stitching. A little vintage added just warms my heart...

I love how the layers created balance and a wonderful texture just within the layers.

To take a look at the full page layout check out the gallery.
Be warm...-L.