Thursday, January 29, 2009

hobbies hobbies hobbies......



Oh my, I am now taking on another hobby, I think I knit or at least something like that?

Awhile back my daughter decided she wanted to learn to sew with two "cool" sticks..

"Mommy, I know you know how, right?" "You can sew anything, because your kinda older like Grama" Does Grama know how to sew with two sticks, Auntie does.. I know Great Grama does cause she's a girl too.. Can you teach me or should one of them?

Well now, ( with a very deep sigh) I have been challenged by my very own girl. You may not see that as a challenge, but I definitely do. :) It would be the same as asking Daddy if he knows how to fish. Hello!

It has been 20 years since I picked up a pair of sticks and attempted to knit anything. Back when I of course was 3 and there was still Home Ec ( Thank you Mrs. Heldt). So the challenge is on. In a short few weeks I have added another hobby to the list. This is where I might add-- "Patterns who needs them?" I have just made up my own.

My wonderfully supportive hubby simply walks by and smiles. He so understands 'the challenge'. This became less of a mommy teach me and more of mommy let me watch you.

Ask me to knit straight and we're good. I have been able to create a number of scarves, thank goodness we live in the frozen tundra, otherwise I probably be knitting rugs or washcloths.

So let's talk about my daughters creation it will one day be adorable, if it ever leaves the sticks!!

Therefore I move on, knit-purl-knit-purl...........................................Yes, I can knit, just don't show it to Auntie. Auntie is the creator of all that is knitting she is an amazing talent.

So until tomorrow, or the next time I am challenged again, I have another hobby. I can not put it down..LOL