Wednesday, March 23, 2011

read.....

This girl just reads.......and then she reads some more........She is like a sponge....which is just plain fabulous...

Now days though her reading is electronically.  She was a lucky girl with a Nook for Christmas.  I was surprised to find she read even more, we have to often at times we have to tell her it is time to do something else.  If you are on the fence with this purchase, think about how much more "techie" our kids are and then decide if it would entice them.  I do think if they are a reader they will read and more.  But I am not sure that it would make them read more if they are not.  I only wish I could find more age appropriate books that entice her to read. Once in a while her Nook will offer free books that are not appropriate and I wish I could turn off that feature. 

She loves a little suspense and a bit of mystery.  I think she is finding that I am the one who struggles mostly with types of books, than she does. I have often said that even though a Twilight series or to Kill a Mockingbird is an easy read, is it a appropriate or would she enjoy it now, compared to a few years from now?

Reading what a wonderful gift, what a joyous passion.

I loved preteen, young teen books recommends. 

~L