Tuesday, March 8, 2011

another day....













So. I spent a couple of minutes in the studio and whaala!
It is a deep, dark brown card stock. I love this choice of background because often times the color will "pop" off the page and the aqua then is delicious. I embossed the white accents in the corners. By stamping a Studio Calico and Tim Holtz Stamp. One hint to offer is brush lightly the excess after you have tapped the embossing powder, this will offer you a crisp clean definition of the stamp. Best thing also is take your time when your embossing it will be well spent, in the finished product.

Other details include wonderful vintage goodies from the map page from a dictionary to a bit of a zipper to buttons.. Machine stitching is always one of my favorite finishing touches and a dab of ink or paint to the edges. One wish I have is that you could see this in person it is difficult to enjoy the dimensions of the layout from a crazy camera.

Journaling reads: "in our world we don't have to go far for peace and simple beauty it's in our backyard...ahhhh...."

Looking at the photos I realize I Need a new camera, this one is just not doing it anymore. So I am saving my pennies, but life keeps getting in the way. Some day the images will better I promise.

Exciting news for this layout I posted it in one of my galleries yesterday and within the hour creativeinspiration, a creative little site grabbed it and added to their inspiration of the day. Thank you Thank you!! That really made my scrappy day!

Ok my friends, scrap on.~L