Thursday, March 10, 2011


Love is the greatest refreshment in life....

~Pablo Picasso

There's nothing finer, more delicate, than the love you hold in your hands. Yet if your lucky it is bold and strong. Whether it is love for someone, a pet, a job, or a passion. We can not possess love we can only be grateful for it. We can relish in it and rejoice. Today I love my scrappy stuff. I am relishing in all the goodness of supplies.

(Bet you wondered where I was going with this?)

With this love, I am throwing it all out. That's right I love this hobby so much that I am letting go. I am cleaning house on the old stuff that holds me back. I look at this paper and think "Oh there has to be something I can do with it" even thought I still loved it, but I realize I will probably never use it. Paper is like fashion it is ever changing and it always regenerates itself. But seriously will I ever want to cut it again. No. Lesson learned don't buy with the hopes you'll use it or "find" the photo. Buy smart, buy with the knowledge that paper is all but cut before it gets in the door. If you buy use it and when your done pitch it.

I think I have decided that in some ways we are scrap hoarders and--- I for one, fear the TV show. I envision this scrap room with stacks and stacks of scrap stuff still in the bags untouched. Untouched because it is just to pretty, it smells to good, or we just don't have that "photo" for that paper. Oh come on, let go and cut that smelly, shiny piece of paper today and set yourself free.

Can you guess what I plan to do this weekend, yep I plan to find the floor and that desk I once had....I am sure I have spring fever, it is spring cleaning time. I plan to let go and I will NOT try to think of a use for any of it....just let it go....be free, to get some new goods. Yep a 110 sheets waiting in my shopping cart, it is already cut once it's in the door!!! Nothing saying I won't take a moment to feel the texture and smell the paper. (What did you really think, I would not want some new goods with all that room.hehe {:0 So what have you cleaned today? ~L