Thursday, March 17, 2011

Now there's 3!!



Winter 2009 revisited....this is just something too good to miss....
Since I shared this originally we have adopted a third dog Charlie last spring so as you read this keep in mind that now days this is even a Bigger deal in our yard....

Blog Post Originally entered: Jan. 12, 2009.

We'll start with the first adorable smooocher
Tobon (Toby), a 5 yr old Golden Retriever weighing in at a healthy 90-95 lbs on a lite day...

Then we have 1yr Oscar Clement De Man De La Hoya (the golden boy) , a Yorkie, who we like to say weighs 5lbs but, some days that's giving him a pound or two......
So, I got 2 dogs--

Toby is the sweetest dog you'll ever meet, love love love....when he wags his tail his whole body wiggles.. His is so giving and tender hearted, to say I adore him is just a small statement.
But, don't let that sentiment kid you, he is still all puppy at heart and mouth, and the stories I could tell you would bring you to tears of laughter and frustration. This dog ate the bumper off my hubby's truck, the mud flaps and the tires on that truck, the siding off the house, every rug I own is a chew toy, the dog kennel, part of the deck and that's just a start. He is a moose, period!

The "new" guy in the house is the Yorkie a sock warmer, a dog smaller than my hubby's boots. A dog that believes he is bigger than Toby. A timid little man with a gentle heart who loves to be loved. A true lap dog, he is so tiny that his collar, outside rope and many of his toys are cat ones. The dog ones are just too big!!! ( don't tell anyone I told you that they are "cat toys" it's too embarrassing) besides, I wouldn't want to give him a complex or anything...Cause he IS a dog..

OK well, here's the most recent moment where I have to say ,"you never know what life throws at you"

We live in the frozen tundra....true, we currently have a sheet of ice with 6 to 8 inches of new snow on top. Blizzard conditions and -20 to -40, not so bad you may say....Back to the dogs, I got 2....
Toby might be all brute but he isn't a fan of weather (any kind of weather) so to get him to GO outside these days is a challenge... He would simply like to hold it until spring!! or at least until something greener comes along.
Frankly if he goes AT- ALL- ANYWHERE we are please as punch, because it's outside!! His leftovers are huge!!!
At about this time of the winter we don't always get the leftovers picked up right away. If you know what I mean(uggghhh) So when it gets above zero we'll scoop up the giant poopsicles, but in alot of cases with all the snow we're getting, the poopsicles are hidden before we can get to them. Imagine that..

We have a great "dog" backyard, lots of trees and buildings which are his domain to selectively place his leftovers properly in the back corners. Every dog needs a little privacy right?

Oscar Clement, on the other hand, tip toes his way out the front door on a properly sized, thin, long, catlike rope( 0f which I keep a good share of it in the house warm for him to tug). Mind you this rope with the snow tends to be a bit hard for him to manage...No kidding....So very often, this creature chooses to do his business on my front stoop. Saving himself the hard work of getting down 4 steps to a nicely shoveled area special for HIM....
Unfortunately this dog is a runner to the neighborhood hotties, so to clip him to the leash is the only option in the winter months. Cause I AM NOT CHASING HIM ANYWHERE....in below zero....

Finally did I mention I got 2 dogs......
The other afternoon it's like freezing, flippin' cold out and Oscar's got to go. Then in a moments notice, yep- he's done. Which was a little unusual because, that was fast and he usually doesn't ever bark ( for the first few months we didn't think he could) So here I am busy and I get "yip yip yip yipyipyipiypip yipyip"
He is caught just one step anyway from the door, ugggghhhh---So, I tiptoe on the snowy stoop to grab him quick, heaven knows he's going to fall all the way to the bottom...
He's stuck. He's stuck on something on the sidewalk, he is so darn tiny that now he is stuck on an icy mud chunk. How'd that get there?..

I give it a tug, no luck, man he's stuck hard! Jeez!!--did I mention my toes are freezing.... once again, I figure a tug and whip to the rope ought to do! Success!
The thin rope made its way to the stoop. In a spilt second I realize that so is the icy mud chunk he was stuck on!! But it is not an icy mud chunk it's Leftovers!!!!!
I however, duck just in time for the giant poopsicle that is hurdling right at me. At my head!! It is stuck on poop bigger than this dog!! The leftovers then are coming right at my head and it hits me square on the shoulder..only to bounce back and glide across a frozen front yard. Ouch that really hurt. Then it dawns on me....
Well, look who dropped a load on the front sidewalk. Score!!
At first I looked around to see who laughing at me and then realize it's me... I got 2 dogs and I just flung giant turds at myself!!
I think there's something to be said about this moment in the my life.

Maybe, I need to be careful what I tug for.. You never know what life will throw at you today... No matter what some days just add up to giant turds...

Morale of the story keep your eyes open you just might have to duck from what your loved ones leave behind. Always pick up your sh*#! Life's just better that way!!

Ohhhh, and did I mention I got 2 dogs....... -L.

I am thinking this ain't something for the scrapbook....................