Friday, August 28, 2009

time to shop.....




School's in just a few days.....that means it is time to shop..ugh!! Oh I mean YAY!! I love to shop for school clothes. Can you tell I am lying with a great big smile on. I sometimes could only wish for uniforms. The thing of it is that my girl is pretty even and has great taste for the most part. Honestly so far it isn't shopping with her I fear, it is everyone else. The crowds I am sure will be huge and stressed out.


I however, am fearing the moment she turns into one of the sweet girls that are unhappy with Mom in the fitting rooms.
I worked retail for many many years, and you all know the fitting room jinx. I have always felt sorry for the shopping partner on the outside of the fitting room door. I have often thought a dressing room rule should be, one's tone needs be left outside. Kindness is a good thing. No Dude's allowed and it is not a trash receptacle. Okay that's another day.

So I plan to start my day with a Starbucks and they have agreed to stick with me most of the day and we will be good...
I get to buy shoes I love to buy shoes. I can't wait maybe I'll need a new pair for the school year . Hah.
Better yet, we will get to buy crayons and all the paper goods. I love paper. I may even need a box or two..
Truth be told I love to school shop I only hope that she will love every year as much as I do...

I have to admit when I look at this photo. I have to say, I am glad her Dad's got other plans for tomorrow. I fear we may end up with another pair of green colored glasses. She loved these glasses and wore them until they no longer fit. I am sure she would still given the chance. I loved how great they looked with her pink sparkly jellies.

Details: I got creative. (I know hang on, it don't happen to often) Thought I'd draw a few flowers well one thing lead to some paint and whallllaaaaahhh. I got embellishments. I know it's hard to tell the background is green and the papers used are manila and light blue. The paint is also light blue. And then there's those crazy flowers..who'd thought.

Shop away my friends...and enter fitting rooms with caution and a smile on. Don't forget the wet ones, I can only tell you what happened last, in that fitting room you are about to disrobe in. I can tell you that in the 3rd room down to the right, one night that dude was hot....her not so much....
Shop away ladies.....shop away...........
-L.