Wednesday, August 19, 2009

just pick joy.....



Love it.....I do.....One thing I love about creating scrapbook pages is the sky is the limit....If your willing to think outside the 12x12. It is amazing and joyous to see the craft grow and change. I can remember the days when people would raise their eyebrows at my creations. They would say, "What are you thinking, What made you think of that"? That's not how you scrap......"You need to have stickers!!" "Maybe if you filled it a little more"


"Your pages need a little something...I'm not sure what it is?" "That's great!" and then eyes would roll.. "Have you ever thought about decorating your photo edges" of "At least rounders the corners--that's it you need a corner rounder!"


What they all really were saying and thinking is "what the hell....Man she's out there..."



I smile with you at this moment, because now days.....I am only a tiny dot in the creative world.

I blend in, I am in the most creative company I could imagine. I love to see how every ones creativity has grown and changed. It is, each person's own style and thoughts. It is wonderful to see, them always evolving and growing. I am not a big lifter and I actually can't create that way and I have tried. Frankly I stink at challenge or a lift, it is as if I go blank when I have a guideline to follow. I think it all is deeper than that ....hehehe it is the --- don't tell me what to do thing.....

I have been very lucky to have wonderful and supportive friends that I love to spend time with. Who understand me, hahaha....they get that I will probably never be where they are and being "caught up" makes me quiver. ( Which technically I am) To my friends: I thank you and love you. I am so grateful that they put up with my wild hairs and ridiculous ideas. They stopped rolling their eyes ages ago.

Stay creative and keep challenging yourself in your own way.....
L.
Today's layout is black with light blue paint. Machine stitching and painting on the titlework.