Thursday, August 20, 2009

Let's talk white cardstock!





Let's talk white cardstock....


I have a love hate love hate hate hate relationship with white cardstock. Once I think I love it, it quietly reminds me that the feeling is not mutual. I am certain it hates me and is out to get me..hahaha It is, as if, it continues to make it's way into the studio to take up space. I can hear it snickering at me each time I buzz in the room... It is the thorn in my side, the cow that won't come home. Yeah that's it! It is the big white cow in the studio. HaHa I laugh at my bad self....

White cardstock is not my friend these days. No matter how much I try to make friends, white cardstock snickers at me each time I pull a sheet out. The thing, that is the worst of it, is that once I am able to use it, it doesn't photograph well for me......It decides to turn out grey or blur the picture every time. It is like the kid that always blinks when you take the picture, or do you know someone that just does not take a good picture. White cardstock is that goofy family member we crop out. The only problem is that, it's big bad bold self is background.

In the old days I only used white cardstock as fill or to firm the background up.
In the end of all this craziness, you may say it is just paper...or "Chick what's your deal?"..

It is more than just paper and adhesive it is a passion. A passion to create, with all mediums there are available. The desire to be better, even in a hobby or a pastime. No matter what you choose to call what we love and do, it is personal. I am sure that you all have goals of things your hoping to accomplish with your creative process. I am stepping up and I will no longer be white cardstock challenged. If nothing else I will at least use it all up! Be done white cardstock be gone. I say you climb that hill and make a dent in your idea. Be different, be brave, be you, be your style....

Get out your white cardstock and give it some space...
(If nothing else lets use it and make room for something new ;)!!!)
l-