Wednesday, April 22, 2009

owl be the one..............

"Owl-be the one....to change the world..."

A little creative moment with my kiddos....
We traced our arms and hands, to make the tree and branches...
Aren't they just the cutest of thing, sometimes I surprise myself....

How could possibly not write about this very important day.
Earth Day...I only wish the world treated everyday as earth day...
We need to plant the seeds, the seed in our children to love and cherish our earth and
the place we all share....
Those are the seeds we need to plant...

I had to chuckle, the other day I stop at an Old Navy..pick up an outfit for my sweets.
Nothing fits, growing like a weed...
Any how, the chicka behind the counter rattles her "checkout jingle" then adds we are celebrating earth day today would you like to donate $ to something, something, something....
Well, I missed that part because just as quick, she says...." So do you want a bag today with that stuff, cause it's like earth week?"
I am only smiling and thinking to myself...only this week...only this day...we need to care
about the earth thing....

I try hard to do my part everyday I know I could do better..
I get frustrated, when I want to purchase the earth friendly or organic products and the better choices, always have to be more
expensive...The way I see this they should be less expensive.
In the end I am being and doing good..that should just cost less. I not leaving nearly the trash and I am not using your chemicals to make my berries mega big.....they should be cheaper!!

I have learned that less is more....
We all know, I am all about recycle, reuse, and re purpose....
If you don't, then you haven't come and set awhile in my house. These are the things
I love....I smile every time someone will stop by and raise their eyebrows at the house.
The studio is no different.... new is only in the tools..It is what makes me comfy. Comfy is good - I love that everything that comes in my home has its own bones. It has a history and it fills my home with warmth..
People in this world have dings and chips. Why can't things?

Here's a good one the grocery store I frequent sold earth friendly bags one year.
I stocked up...I take them everywhere...Love them..
Don't get me wrong I wish they were cuter..

They offered a refund for every bag, that you take back with you to shop. Seems like a good enough deal, I realize it is about being good to the earth. But with the economy, the store
now waits to give you the five cents a bag only if you use them all...
Okay fine.....then give me the nickle for the bags !#ugh##@... Don't just say oh well..
forgot!! Or ya I guess we did use them all....I want my nickle for that darn bag.
I truck them in there I am the good one, do your part.

Please Please Don't ask to wrap my milk in plastic and then put it in the earth friendly bag....
It just looks wrong............

Let's plant our seeds and leave this earth a greener place for our little sweeties....
-L.