Thursday, April 16, 2009

not what it seems......


Things in life.....
may not always be what they seem......
For example, here are these tiny little flowers.
As they are emerging from the cold brown earth, they become the first hint of spring...
What you don't see is the wonderful day that led up to the little photo.
The long trip thru the woods and along the river. The delicious lunch that fills us plenty.
The warmth of the sun, the cool of the breeze, the quiet of the woods. The laughter and exploration....
The sight of many creatures, the marks they have left on the woods they call home.

In a very short time these little flowers will no longer be something you can even see.
Although they will be there helping to fill up the woods with life.
The brown will be gone and all you'll see is green and all you'll feel is heat.
All you'll hear is the bugs, the frogs, and the birds..

For today these little flowers and the quiet of the woods is the start of something big..

I rode along this day and find it difficult to imagine the day that I will no longer be able to
be apart of these woods. As a child growing in these woods, I couldn't wait to find
my way...My way out....Yet, today the woods draw me back and I understand the
love that is shared for them..I have come to make peace with the things in life we can not change.
I have found that forgiveness is a powerful thing. I makes a bit of who I am...It has taken along time for me to want to be there and now knowing that the day will come that I may not be able to, is very sad.
The farm and the woods created a part of me. I gather strength and understanding for things now, from those days. Although I wish to always be a part of them, I realize the woods really don't belong to anyone.
People put up fences and they claim what they want, but really it will continue to be it's own creature beyond anyone of us...I just makes me sad to think I might miss it. Or not be able to protect it. I don't want to miss a thing.....

Life is what it is......

I believe that no matter how much I plan and try to be in control of things. Life is the path maker, the journey taker, the dreamer....
I am only along for the ride, I can only hope the choices I make, enhance the ride. Your best made plans can change at a moments notice. It is another life path coming at you and crossing in your moment.
It's funny how one often doesn't even see it, or notice the slight bend, or curve to the journey.
It is the tiniest of things that can make the biggest differences. It's the tap on the shoulder, just getting your attention. It's who you are, it's who you choose to be. It is however what you choose to do with that tiny moment and how it will touch your life's path.

It is what it is......maybe it's not your idea....but it's the path chosen....

Much like the woods it is on it's journey...it's path, man just seems to get in the way.

As I have grown older and had a child of my own, I have tried to capture every breath, every moment of every second. I hold on tight and although this path isn't what or where I thought I'd be, it is the one I'm on. I am not so quick to want to make my way another direction. I have come to simply want to follow life.......

A dear friend had this twist, this curve in her journey yesterday...It got me to thinking about those tiny little flowers, life grows and moves on with you and your path continues. Each tear we shed helps us grow along the way..That is our art....

We are life's art, on it's journey in this time.....