Monday, December 6, 2010

today is the day....

It was a year ago today I was told I had to have a simple 1-2 hr procedure. I was told with confidence and assurance. It was 2 days after Christmas I had the surgery and six hours later, I lay unaware of how my life had changed. How it was to go on. It was the moment my life frozen and everything around me continue to move.

It was at 8:45 today I was told I have to have a not so simple surgery done. I have to have at least two major surgeries in the next year. Really? I have been told with confidence and assurance. This one isn't so small and it will not be the last one. It will not be easy, it will be another fork in my journey. I today became part of a group that statistically
is less than 1.1% of 100,000. Normally on the flip side of things that'd be a number to be proud, not today...today it is a number only to fear.

Today I have a spinal cord tumor. Really who has that?


Today was a day that my Gramma would have told me to "Put some lips on and pull up my big girl panties" Today I am feeling sorry for me. It's my official pity party. Because tomorrow the decision will come, it will be for my family.

I'd give anything to be on the shoreline away from the world. Listening to only the water, the birds and the bugs.
Listening to my Belle share all of her wisdom with me, and my hubby's never ending lessons in fishing. Listening to to trees and the air. Listening to the earth keep moving.

bye 4 now.....l