Wednesday, December 29, 2010

packing my bags....




Yep...I'm packing my bags and I'm outta here....Just a few more days to go...It takes awhile to pack. HAHAHA!! I gotta get my scrappin' on....This is the second time my girls have a joined a group of friends for a fabulous weekend. We book it a year in advance and it is so totally worth it. Heck, just check out my bed!! Doesn't it just call you in and beg you to stay and hang awhile.

Even though it isn't bright and sunny out, with our snowy weather it is just as nice inside for all the scrappin' we'll be doing..It isn't far from home just a couple of hours, but seems a world away.


We are so very excited we get away from the world around us. We jump into all our paper goodness and don't come up for air for 4 days.

Last year this weekend turned out to be a snow storm with blocked off roads....women have been known to drive through just to get there. No, not me, but I know women.

This weekend is so important that I schedule surgeries around it. That's no kidding.

I am not much of a "crop" scrapper. I don't know why I'm just not. That's me. I scrap almost everyday, my life schedule allows that. For some of my friends they pack it and unpack it at each crop. I am obsessed. I touch the goods as often as I can.

One thing I have learned is it not about the amount of work I get done, or where I am at, or the number of pages. It has become time with my dear sweet friends.

Over the last couple of years I have had a few things that make me say, "Oh that's important" Our time away makes us better people, better at our jobs, better moms, wives and friends. I often feel a little like I did when I would go on a trip in college.

Scrappin' has brought me true friendships that I shall cherish forever. It has given me a chance to just be. Be creative, stay up late and just plain laugh. The laugh, that when one hears you, makes them want to chuckle also. The laugh that makes you want to know. When I tell you, I won't remember what started it and I am sure it won't make sense.

It is only a long weekend away, it is not a trip around the world. It doesn't have to be. It is the time of my life. It means so much, that life get put on hold and it waits until Monday. Then programming can continue.

If you've never done a crop, you must! Plan and enjoy the reward is priceless and the memories are ones for the scrap book.



Counting the days.....7days to go, to pack, to wait, to look forward to.....~L