Wednesday, December 29, 2010

tis....the season....


it is the season for happiness.... and family and laughter....joy with giving and joy with time well spent. We at, my little house filled it with everything. From cakes to cookies, to parties, gifts and decorations. The smells of the holidays were fantastic. Mostly we just laughed alot.

A few years ago we cut back and had to face the reality that it wasn't about the gifts we bought , or keeping up with the rest of the world. It was about the time we spent carefully choosing the one gift that meant the most to us. It was for us about the time we spent.

I am somewhat crafty and more that anything it is my favorite part of the holiday. I love to create something and I love for my family to have those things. Sometimes I feel weird giving them, but yet I can't help myself. This year was no exception. I made so many goodies for all that are close to me, I can only hope they loved a few of them as much as I did making them.

Now the wrap is cleaned up, the poor trees are down and the Christmas decorations are slowly making their way back into the boxes. Only to wait for a new year of treasured moments.

It was one year ago these days I was in surgery with faith that I would come out stronger and healthier. That I did, it wasn't easy and it almost took me out, but at that moment... I believed. It has taken all year to feel better,but then.....

It's time for a reality check, time to face this New Year head on and make it better. It is time to begin my count down to surgery day. A day that will change my life and my families life forever. I can only hope and pray to is for the best. I truly believe that I can only feel better and I will get my life back, for me. This holiday was tough, just trying to stay focused on the good of it. To not talk alot about what is in store for this little house. To celebrate our time together. To celebrate life's joys...

I believe this is the right decision to step of faith and strength. It is a step of focus and determination. It is a step that I need to talk about, even if it is here to just me.

I will be strong, I will walk through this storm....I will believe......
~L