Thursday, February 24, 2011

it's a love hate hate kinda thing.....


The yellow elephant in the room......

okay well hate is a strong word..........I disliked this enormously!!!

It is a most basic crocheted throw...it is of the sweetest yellow and it is just the right size for a girl to pull on and cozy up to a great big book. I am done with this number and I have no plans to cozy with it ever...

I started this little number LAST winter when I was under the weather I must have been out of mind. I know I was out of my mind!!!! I have not enjoyed this project one single ounce, even when it was done I want to pack it up and hide it away.

For starters I had put it away and started something new. Then 18 inches from the end I run out of yarn! Really. I have a search team looking for this cheap, scratchy yarn that I am not loving. No luck. the project again gets put away. Only to find in my stash one last skein hidden in the depths of the miles of yarn that live here. Then the excuse was no more I must finish this number. There you have it, done done done.

Rule #1: Never start a creative project and not finish it in a timely matter. You'll have a hard time going back to it. I have created so many delightful things since this has been in the cardboard, growling at me.
Rule #2: It is ok to let the project go. I can't just give up, I had to finish. I needed a "clean plate" if you will.
Rule #3: Your not going to "love" everything you create. That's okay!
Rule #4: Admit and move on.
Rule #5: Don't gift it away either.

Today, life is about this crazy project, It may not always be pretty, you may not always love it, but in the end you need finish what you start. You need to face it and realize it isn't magically going to go far away. You'll be happier with yourself. You'll be able to look at it with a sense of accomplishment.

This is my little yellow elephant: now my yellow piece of mind. I climbed the yellow yarn mountain and I have won!!

Yay for me!!

In the end it is not so bad, kinda springy and kinda done. I am fairly sure that the next time you stop to visit you probably won't find it, it will be on that estate sale when I am dead!!

Have a great yellowy, scratchy day! A day of a finished project!!

~L.