Friday, April 30, 2010

never say never.....















Well, here he is, meet Sir Charles Pantsalot de-Butters, just call him " Charlie". The newest addition to our family. He is the yellow golden retriever and we rescued him from a life somewhat unknown and uncertain to us. If only his legs could walk us through his travels I am sure they could tell a tale. In the photo you'll see the dark cinnamon golden retriever that's our Toby.
He is thrilled to have a new brother from another mother :). Charlie is two and filled with years of love. He is 97 pounds of rockin' love....his eyes engulf you and hug you with each glance.

It's been nearly two years since we lost our 12 year old golden Jorge. She was my dog love of a lifetime or at least one of them. If you are ever lucky enough to find love in a dog, you understand the feelings that fill this post.
I said not again, it hurts too much, then all of a sudden a life jumps out at you and if you don't answer the call you'll never know. What is love if you don't jump once in awhile and take that chance. A chance of the heart.

There are a million, a zillion reasons why not to get another dog. But one reason stood out and made none of those material reasons matter. He needed me. No. He could have had anyone. I needed him. I think that in a pet search, all though we as humans seek out the pet, if a pet is lucky he will pick you. You will become his human, and you will be a better person for it.

You can learn alot from a dog. Mostly, it is how to love without reason, without anything holding you back. Just love. Unconditional love is one of life's true treasures, one of the few places you can find it is a dog.
When we first seen him, he took a sniff and didn't let go of my heart. He has been here nearly a week and it feels like he had always been here.

I am his and he is mine. We needed each other. Here we are.

It is just plain crazy to have 2 1/2 dogs, a friend emailed me and with a sweet email and it declared owning 3 dogs was hillbilly. Well, I agree. I am proud to be hillbilly and plan to maintain my status.
Twice the food, twice the vet bills, twice the toys , twice the treats, and twice the poop.
Twice the love.

Make room, I think Charlie is here to stay.

-L.