Monday, April 12, 2010

zoo day!!






We spent our day at the zoo...What a wonderful start of our season. This is a favorite place for our family and this year we were so lucky, we had been given a membership for Christmas. Love Love Love it!!!!

We spent much of our day like this....the girls spent the day taking pictures, like crazy! I know Bella took 199 photos...I took photos of them taking photos.

The day was just beautiful for us here and it was so refreshing to "get away" and we had a wonderful day. I will say you know your old when you can drive 200 miles and still find people you know.

We so enjoyed the day and funny thing is at our zoo, we have a working farm. It is a favorite. I think mainly because, it is hands on for the most part. I am still amazed that there are sweeties asking if "that's a pig?" and the poor thing is just a cow, with a moo or two...We loved the babies!!! If only the zoo was more hands on, I think my girls would have loved to roll the bears, and swim with the dolphins.
We'd love it if you'd all remember the zoo this summer. I know it can be expensive, but they need our support too, and these days I think I'd love to give my spare dollars to a grizzly rather than a politician.
It just plain feels good to be out and about...to hear the birds sing, to get some vitamin D, to have the windshield covered in bugs. Spring is here and life begins anew.
-L