Tuesday, March 16, 2010

kinda out there......


this has been my winter.......I am this tree.......alone in a fog.....on a hill and can't seem to make my way down...I am this tree....alone and strong....unwilling to give up, yet in a fog...
Each time we travel east there stands this tree and for many many years I always want to stop and take a photo. I never have either the weather doesn't agree, there's to much traffic, or the camera isn't along for the trip that day. I know imagine that, no camera.
Finally this winter we made our way east just for a ride and I snapped the photo in passing. It was the first time ever, and I think in looking at it. I was meant to see the tree that day.
To accept the things one can not change and to stand strong and work hard to be healthy again.
Everything has changed around this lonely tree, but it doesn't give up and each year it grows. It branches out and flourishes among everything.
This tree is to be me, I am to move forward let spring shine down on me and flourish.
What has not broke me will make me strong. I will see my way and be better for it. I am sure of this.
Having to spend alot of time off my feet this winter, I have done alot of reading. I have loved a book borrowed to me by a dear friend.
It is titled "Have a little faith" by Mitch Albom, it is a must read for everyone.
My favorite statement from the book is:
"faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe"
So today I will act strong and filled with purpose
I will try.........-L