Wednesday, March 24, 2010

do what you can...




do what you can, with what you have.....where you are.....

and that is just what I did this winter...the winter that appears to have lasted a year or more.
As many of you know I spent much of the winter on bed rest..and I am still recovering slowly, but certainly getting so much more healthy. I am grateful.

But I had alot of "time" on my hands so my hands went to work. I took up knitting and crocheting. A girl can only read so much before all the stories start to run together and before you know it the vampires are having a little faith and finding 29 gifts to give.

I thought I'd share a fun little bag I made. Yes, I MADE...I am very excited about this little number. Mainly because I can't believe I MADE IT..

To start with when finished it measured about 13" wide and 11" tall before I felted it. It is felted to the size 10"x6". Dense, tiny and adorable. The yarn was one skein and The stripes became visible only once it was felted. I only wish you could hold it and "feel" how adorable it is .

We love it. Belle is planning to use the clutch for travel and special occasions.

Thanks for letting me share a little bit of wonderful.

-L.