Tuesday, May 19, 2009

lilacs..................



They are finally here!
Can you just smell them?

The smell of lilacs I adore...The colors of lilacs are stunning.....The shape and design is like no other.....They are the true sign that spring is here and summer is not far behind...
Inspiration.......

The world around me is coming alive!!!

The life around us continues on at its own pace. It is forever changing and rejuvenating..I often will share with people that I truly believe in life!! I believe that we are simply a small part of life's journey. We often think that we are the plan makers, the risk takers. But, are we really? Or is it life, that's the plan maker and the risk taker. The one truly making the choices and the bends in our road. We are simply the ones following this life path, and it is all in how we response to guide the outcome.
The lilacs are simply one of the tiny things that tell us no matter what "we" do life will always carry on. That offers peace to me to know things continue to flourish and grow, regardless of the sad in the world. In some ways it also makes me sad to know that I may someday have to miss the small things in this life..

In the last week this world has lost friends, family, and mom's.
I think to myself we are so sad for us and the loved ones they leave behind....then I think I am so sad for the one who is gone...Life's path continues and I think of the things they are about to miss. Like yesterday the little boy in my daughters class returned to school. After his mommy found living to hard. He opens my daughters card for him. He is so excited that she had given him a sucker, gum and a baseball. Then he is very pleased because she had put her allowance in his card. He was excited to purchase gumballs with it, he knew just how many! She thought that was great because it made him happy..
Then came the question, "Who will take him to buy them, you do that Mommy"
I can only think of all the gumballs she'll miss.................

I also just wish that maybe she could have talked with the mom of 2 little girls who left this world unexpectedly and from a illness. Or the young woman who left with an accident and her whole life ahead of her. Maybe they could have helped, maybe... Life's path is all about what you do at the curve, or the bump or the stand still... Even if your in the darkness...

Today take a moment, smell the air, embrace the sunshine, and just breathe in your life's love.
Life wants you to breathe.......
The lilacs will grow and be grateful to this earth for it's strength....
don't miss anything............
-L..