Saturday, May 9, 2009

day two....

It's day two for the yard sale and I am dog tired....Oh the work it takes to pull off a good one.........
It is a full time job just getting ready....
Today will go fast and I'm crossing my fingers well....I am still waiting for my tag swtching 25 cent item stealers and complainers....

I have to laugh cause every year there's always something and I am waiting...I am always amazed
at the amount of poeple a yard sale can draw out...Even in the down pouring rain....
Why yes, it did start to rain and then it rained, rained, and poured. They still came.

The sale began at 2pm and the cars began driving by at 10:30 and the phone calls began. With the driveway blocked the doors shut tight we work around the house in hiding. It is so funny, in years past the ladies...have lined up their chairs at the end of the driveway to be the first in the door.. Imagine my grin and surprise when my husband said honey you should see this....only to find women standing hours before we opened. Then the fights we finally made a table for them to set their stuff and one person has to stand over the table so no one digs in "their stuff".

Oh the stories one could tell....hopefully today goes well and I have little to clean up...

I am so grateful to the faithful shoppers and are so good to me and I appreciate every one of them who come. I love how ones mans junk is a treasure for another..