Tuesday, April 12, 2011

layout love....



There are some days that you just love a layout.  This is not one of them.  Yet so many friends have Loved this one, I figured I'd share.

The butterflies are from a Ek success borders punch, that I cut apart.  I know cute huh?  The title work is graph paper and the font is cut with my Slice...it is the Mix and Mingle cart. got it for a steal at Two Peas.  It is then misted and inked to give it some dimension.  The pretty papers are from Basic Grey and House of Three....  Stamp: Studio Calico and embossed.  Finally, the flower.  Yes, it is a zipper, a real zipper from my vintage stash.  I simply cut a circle out of card stock, the size I wanted and covered it in super sticky adhesive,  then gave the zipper a spin.  Finish off with a fabric brad and whallllaaa.  Love it!!!

Thanks to everyone who loved this layout.  This is layout of the weekend that when it was finished "I said nah"  It is always fun and encouraging to get such a positive response.

As many of you know I have been cleaning.  Well slow but sure... So what could a metal vintage green box hold?  Well........

How about lovely vintage Ric Rac......


Of course it is sized and colorized.....


My go to Ric Rac is almost always the tiny stuff, so that sits out in a sweet enamel bowl .  Nearly every layout I create has a touch of Ric Rac and a button or two.....

A special thanks goes out to my mom and dad who seem to always have an eye for the good stuff for the studio.  All of the treasures they find, never go untouched here!!  Got love 'em!!

What's coming next?  A love hate relationship with Thickers and great button storage ideas.  The ideas are for the re purpose and the up cycle of goodies in your home.  Without spending  more than a dime or two....

Be creative everyday! ~L