Wednesday, December 16, 2009

it's three a.m.


Well it's 3:24 am, chilly and dark...
No one to talk to cause everyone is sleeping.
They are part of the real world.

The place where humans do sleep.
Sleep well, with a snore and a tuck under the covers.
They remain cozy and warm, until a crazy non sleeping mom awakes them.
They stretch and yawn and start their day out well.

What does a girl do at 3:24 am everyday, you ask.
Wish that I could sleep more
I tend to ponder life's happenings.
I grab the warmest thing I can find, which typically isn't mine to wear.
Mr. C's clothing is the most comfortable in the world.
I jot down to the studio and think of what to create next.
Some mornings I read alot!!
Or you might find me crocheting, some wild hair I've gotten lately.
(let's talk about that later)

This morning I am here with you and I am counting the number of times the furnace kicks on.
Which is way too $^%& many times.
But then in the frozen tundra at -13.8 what can you say.
3 am sounds, while the earth sleeps here in this corner of the world
It is dark a cold hard dark.
The only sounds I have are the snores of the Retriever, and the clicking of the Yorkie pacing.
3 am he drives me crazy click click click...he travels from one heat vent to the next.
3 am he presses himself up tight to absorb every drip of heat pushing from the vents.
He is unhappy with the choice to be out of bed to early.

3:24 is the time of choice.

Why? Got me.
Nothing happens not a thing, except my brain turns back on is wanting to go.
3 am I have great ideas, they are clear and well laid out plans.
Which of course is easily gone by 6 am.

I love my 3 am ideas.

Maybe I should draft an addition to the house.
Maybe I should draft a new landscape for the backyard.
Maybe I should start a new business.
Maybe I should take up wood working.
Maybe I should paint the entire house in shades of white.
Maybe I should rearrange the living room.
Maybe I should clean the studio, find the floor.
Maybe I should cut my hair. Short.
Maybe I should color my hair. Blonde.
Maybe I should get a new career.
Maybe I should be a dog groomer.
Maybe I should dig in the shed.
Maybe I should dig in the loft.
Maybe there's some goodies to sell.
Maybe I should create something.
Maybe I should cook.
Maybe I should think of better things to do a 3 am
Maybe I should sleep......

3:24 is anyone out there....

I am....