Wednesday, May 11, 2011

texture


National Scrapbook Day offered lots of challenges.....one was to create a layout working with wood accents.
Well as you might have guessed I didn't have any wood accents in my stash.  I realize it is a great trend with many collections. But I am not a fast fan.  I think it because I don't love the "feel" of the tiny wood bits.  So when the challenges began, over the weekend...I when to work.  I accomplished all the challenges for Studio Calico celebration, but "create with wood and create with typography" challenges were my stumpers.

At first I figured those would be the two I'd skip.  Well as you can see, I didn't skip them and here is the wooden one.  I began with a vanilla piece of card stock.  Decided on an approximate size of paper and design I wanted to work with.  I drew the design by hand, which isn't difficult considering the bark of a tree is forgiving and irregular, easily.  I drew the design first with pencil and then outlined it with black ink.  I then traced that with Super Glossy Accents.  Used a heat gun to dry it caused waiting the recommend 30 minutes is not an option.  I added a touch of dark ink.  Embossed and inked again for the finishing touches.
Waaalllaahh!  You have wood accents.  Happy Scrapbooking....

Off the subject.....sometimes your man is a dork!  Right you know it is true.  Mine had this crazy brain fart yesterday.  Goes like this:  Him: "I tried all day to find this guys number, you know I have been trying for a while now."     Me:  " Honey, I can't believe that given his business he is not in the phone book?"  Husband: " Oh, (long long pause) I never thought to look in the phone book?  I only look on the net."
So that is what this world is coming to....not on the net...not to be reached....lost and not found.....

Be creative everyday~L...