Thursday, September 17, 2009

ethel calls....let's dish....





meet ethel....ethel calls.....ethel dishes....ethel's looking for thelma....and I'm sure we're talking about norma....all friends...good friends...the three ladies of Mayberry....


Norma..Thelma..Ethel....

The phone rings and I answer it "Hello"

In a gravelly old lady voice..."Yeah, she got the same kind a car she had before...same"


I say "I'm sorry I think you have the wrong number", ethel says"what?, oh...."click

Really she clicked me. I guess at ninety something, click is all you have time for right?

But man, she so clicked me. Here's the thing: These ladies got my number and they click me, all the time. I am clicked.


That was it! What ever happened to phone Etiquette. Even at ninety something something our phone manners are gone. I have greeted with "Hello". You think that I get a "Hello" or maybe a "sorry" I wouldn't even mind getting to know these Mayberry Ladies.
Let's talk dishin', I am humored by the three ladies calling and dishin'. No matter how old we get we still dish on our lady friends. What's the deal? I'd love to have a party line to hear this visit, I am sure we're probably dishin' on, who canned what. Can you believe she made pickles like that, crazy. Or, can you believe what she wore to church Sunday? I am sure she wore that to his FUNERAL. Let's not even talk about what pew she sat in. What kind of gossip can we have at 90?

I so, can't wait to discover this and I can only hope that my "Norma" is stilling calling me a 90.

So the next time you get a wrong number maybe we shouldn't click so quick. You never know what you might learn about your Mayberry.
L'

I would like to acknowledge that even at ninety we dish...we dish....
To ethel I'd so like to know what kinda car she got......